Monday, March 5, 2012

My Little Blue Steel

It was time. His hair was getting tangled. Combing it was becoming a battle. And it was becoming expensive as I've lost at least 5 combs. I think he hides them somewhere. Yesterday I found my straightening spray in his book bin. He's clever.

I got a precious lock. And a few precious photos.







My all time favorite photo is this one:
We like to call it: Blue Steel
BEFORE:
AFTER:
In other news, I am so pregnant. I'm way past the cute stage. Way past the "you look uncomfortable stage". I'm right at the "Whoa, boil some water! You look like you're in labor!" stage. My doctor has told me to take it easy or I won't make it to to my 39 week C section date. And obviously, the closer to 39 weeks we go, the healthier little bun I'll deliver! I've been having lots of contractions and am incredibly uncomfortable.  I was able to sneak in a trip to the grocery store and to Hobby Lobby with a friend. It was a great day of sitting, eating, and buying food!  For the most part though, I'm on my butt now everyday. That's ok. I want this baby well done not medium rare. :-) I'm so grateful to my friends and family, especially my dad, who are helping during these last 4 weeks.  They've helped clean, cook, and be my legs. Having a toddler while "taking it easy" ain't easy. Ain't easy at all!

More posts to come soon on the "Busy Bag", dinner with the foodies (girls), Adam had a little straw, and going MSPI.

You're on the edge of your seat, aren't you?!?

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh Anonymous! Think we could run away together? Don't tell my husband, ok? :-)
      XOXOXO

      Delete
  2. Good job documenting his 1st haircut! He is so stinkin' cute! Those eyes!! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for doing such an amazing job with him! I wouldn't take him or me anywhere else and let anyone else touch our hair.

      Delete
  3. Awww! He is a little man! I loved those little locks of curly hair (and I think the girls, okay, I, had a little hair envy! So glad you saved some =).
    He looks so grown up now...like the little man that he is! Soon to be a big brother...you have to be kind of grown up to be a big brother don't you? Isn't that in the job description?? =)
    Keep on a cookin that little man momma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those girlies will each give you a cute little lock! Don't you worry! Think of all the money you're saving with no combs lost or hair appointments! :-)

      He does look grown up now. I cried. He's all set to be a big brother. He even looks the part! 27 more sleeps!

      Delete
  4. Love the hair cut! What a little man now! Blue Steel...that kid has a future! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's quite the stud! Ben Stiller ain't got nothin' on him!

      Delete
  5. Your son has such beautiful shiny hair! And he's growing up fast. Good luck waiting and 'taking it easy' until your C-section. Hoping everything goes well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete