Wednesday, July 17, 2013

15 months. 2 weeks. 1 day.

You know the really organized, hyper moms who blog on the most important milestones of their children? Like the first birthday?

Well, I am not one of them.

Happy 15 month 2 week and 1 day birthday, Matthew!

Today, Matthew did a face plant on the wood floors and was really sad. Adam and I rushed over and picked him up and sat at the piano together and sang and played Twinkle, Twinkle… Soon, Matthew was singing along and things were fine. Not too long afterwards, Matthew did another face plant on the carpet. (Hey! Walking is hard! Plus, these are MY children. Walking is never going to be the easiest thing for them. Not with all those doors to run in to.)

Anyway, Matthew started to cry again, frustrated that his mother's genetics was slowing him down in the walking department. Adam ran over to him, wrapped his arms around him and sang him Twinkle, Twinkle.

I about died. THIS was my moment of the day. THIS is why I'm home with them. I don't want to miss this stuff.

Recently, we had Matthew's pictures taken by the fabulous DeEtte Rustermier. Rather than be so predictable and mainstream - I decided to have the 15 month 2 week and 1 day pictures taken rather than the one year pics. (Either that or I just forgot. But I'd never admit to that.)

Matthew is in the 3% for weight now which is UP from the last visit. He's also pretty short and is in the 18% for height. He's just shy of 19 pounds. He's walking everywhere now. He growls like a tiger. He does everything Adam does. He sings Twinkle, Twinkle. He's sneaky. Mysterious. A conspirator. Shy. He loves his mommy. Every night when I tuck him in before I got to bed, he stirs and sits up, reaching his hands out for me. I pick him up, give him a hug and kiss and lay him back down. We're pretty sure he's allergic to strawberries as he tends to look like one after he eats them. He loves to splash. He pitches the ball to his brother. He's not afraid of his big brother with a bat. He also loves his Aunt Goat and only wants her to hold him. He's a good eater. A good food thrower. A good sleeper. He loves to brush his teeth. He's just about the greatest kid you may ever meet.

Here are some pictures that DeEtte took. These kids are cute!




1 comment: