Friday, August 24, 2012

Zippity Zoo Day

 You know I'm pretty lucky. I complain (probably a bit too much) about how tired I am because my 5 month old still gets up 1-2x almost every night to eat and my soon to be 2 year old has me running miles everyday. But really, I'm so lucky. I know it. I'm grateful. SO grateful.

I read this quote on Facebook once. I can't remember exactly how it goes… Or who to give credit for it… but its something like Thank God for the blessings you have today for they could be gone tomorrow.

My husband, Andy, doesn't have to get up 1-2x a night to feed the baby. He doesn't run miles everyday after a toddler. Most days he probably doesn't have to count to 100 in order to keep his patience. He probably has adult conversations throughout the day. He pees when he wants too. He eats when he's hungry. He sits when he's tired. He can set his pace for the day.

But he didn't get to go to the zoo on Wednesday! He didn't get to see the pure joy on Adam's face when he saw a crab trying to claw through the glass or the penguins jumping and swimming in the water, or the mama monkey nursing her baby monkey in the jungle. He didn't get to hear him say, "Oo-Oo-Oo" like a monkey. Or waddle like a penguin. Or make fish faces the whole way through the aquarium.

I did.

And it was so wonderful. It was like seeing the zoo for the first time through my son's eyes. We used to go quite frequently last year when he was a baby with Megan and her girls. But this time - he got it! He loved it. How cool! And how lucky are we!

Adam, Matthew and I picked up Gramma Heidi and met Megan, Brianna, Olivia, and Hudson at the zoo. 3 adults, 3 toddlers, and 2 infants. Too much fun!
 
















1 comment:

  1. It was SO fun!!! And the pics are great!!!

    I know, the girls "get it" now too! It's so much different from last year. They LOVE the penguins...totally their favorite...they just giggle gleefully every time we stop and watch them!
    Thanks so much for zooing with us!!! I hope we get to do it a couple more times before the end of the year! Gotta get our money's worth out of that membership you know =).

    ReplyDelete