Monday, May 30, 2011

Wednesday is Orange for Owen

This is from Melissa Bissing who lost her 6 month old, Owen. She and her husband have donated as many organs as they could and have remained steadfast in their faith. They have 3 other little boys at home. She's asking for all to wear orange on Wednesday. Orange was Owen's color.

You can find more of her posts here.

Can I ask a favor?

Don’t treat me differently … share the good things in your life with me. Come to me when you need someone to listen. I’m not broken beyond repair. I want to share in your happiness and sorrow too.

Random tid bit … I really liked this poem I found:

The mention of my child’s name
May bring tears to my eyes,
But it never fails to bring
Music to my ears.
If you are really my friend,
Let me hear the beautiful music of his name.
It soothes my broken heart
And sings to my soul.

Another favor, I know I’m greedy. If you are able to, you are welcome to come to the funeral. We went through this with open arms and we wouldn’t finish it any less. Owen needs a full army for this battle.

All are welcome to attend. Come when you can and leave when you must. (In other words, don’t feel like you can’t stay for the service.) Owen’s story and spirit will be shared. I can’t help but want to scream it from the rooftops and have as many people experience his warrior spirit.

Third favor … now I’m REALLY greedy. Wear orange. The triplets all have their colors. Logan is ‘lime green.’ Get it? Both start with L. Weston is ‘winter blue’ (because white is boring). And Owen is orange.

2 comments:

  1. I will be hunting down some orange for Wednesday! Wish we were closer, I'd actually go to the service. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I found my orange T-Shirt at Target. They also had an Orange dress. If we lived closer, or heck, if Adam was a bit older and could do a long car ride with just mama - I'd be there. I'll be making a donation however and wearing Orange at the very least!

    ReplyDelete