Sunday, July 15, 2012

I'm alive! I'm alive! I'm tired. But I'm alive!

Yes, I know. I took 3 months to post an update on having a baby. Get over it, ok? I'm busy! Plus, My laptop broke! And then I got a new one! And then I had to go through 44,000+ pictures. And well, whatever - I'm here now!

Really, all you want are the pictures right?

Such a tease. 

Matthew Lyle Dokulil was born on April 2nd around 9:30am. He was 7 pounds 13 ounces and 21 inches long. He was born screaming - which was the most wonderful noise. I got to cuddle with him right away. My anesthesiologist was awesome. I told her ahead of time that I tend to get really sick during and after surgeries. She popped this sticker behind my ear and I was good to go. Because I didn't get sick I was able to talk to my doctor during the closing and talk to Matthew who was a bit ticked off to be out of his womb. 

Lactation was waiting for me when they wheeled me into recovery. She put that baby right on the breast and after a few awkward head bobs, Matthew found what he was looking for and nursed until we got back to my room. 

Matthew and I did great. He got all 9s for his APGAR score and started gaining weight by the 3rd day. What a difference. Things went so smoothly. That is, until my insurance company denied the cesarean delivery. But to spare you the infuriating details - after a few appeals - they graciously decided to uphold their end of my policy contract. How nice of them. 

So, here we are. Matthew is now 3 months old. Life is great. I'm loving being a stay at home to these boys. 
Every couple of weeks I give Andy a call at work to make sure he's very busy. "Yahoo Fantasy Sports better NOT be up on your computer right now!" I shriek to him, while a baby screams and a toddler whines, and the dogs bark, and the doorbell rings. "You better be so busy you can't stand it!" 

Then maybe an hour later, I call again and tell him how happy I am and how lucky I am and how he takes such good care of our family, and how I couldn't possibly be doing anything other than taking care of this family.

Afterwards, around 4:30, I stand at the door and when he bounces into his home, excited to greet his family after his long, stressful, grueling day at the office. I declare, "I'm going to work tomorrow. YOU stay home!" 

But by 4:45, I meander away from the curb outside the house, tuck my thumb back in my pocket, drag my suitcase back upstairs, carefully unpack it, and gush to him about how happy I am and how lucky we are, and how he takes such good care of our family, and how I couldn't possibly be doing anything other than taking care of this family. 

There's been lots of exciting things happening over the last three months. But you'll have to wait. That's my cliff hanger to keep you coming back. 

In the meantime...
Welcome to the world, Matthew Lyle Dokulil. 
Mommy Loves you.

(All photos by Stacy Ideus Photography)

7 comments:

  1. love. you chose my favorite pics to post!! thank you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU! Such talent just up the street!

      Delete
  2. love. You chose some of my favorite pics to post! Thank you! Wink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww!!!! Welcome to the world Baby Matthew!
    Hudson is very excited to play with you when you guys get a little older =).
    And whew! So glad you got the insurance crap figured out and they covered it! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that all our kids are so close in age! I wish we lived closer! Though 45 minutes really isn't THAT bad! Hope we can get everyone together soon! Let me know when you're ready for my circus to come up to meet your circus!

      Delete